ENGIE COFELY takes the privacy and security of your information seriously, and it is one of our main priorities is the privacy of our website visitors at www.engiecofely-me.com.
This Policy covers information ENGIE COFELY collects in connection with our Services and Careers Recruitment (collectively, the “Services”). This Policy also covers information collected through:
- Web sites we operate from which you are accessing this Policy (the “Site”)
- Our social media pages and apps to which the Site links (collectively, our “Social Media
This Policy also covers other means by which we collect information. For example, it also covers how we collect information from in person discussions, telephone conversations, and through non-electronic communications (i.e., collection through other means than our Online Systems).
Any personal data provided to or collected by ENGIE Cofely is controlled by ENGIE COFELY and third party who is operating the website.
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
You are not required to provide ENGIE COFELY the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries you may have.
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
(1) Personal data you give us directly,
(2) Personal data we collect automatically, and
(3) Personal data we collect from other sources.
3.Personal information we collect
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you give us directly. We collect data about how you use our services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of your activities. We also collect personal data you provide us when you send an enquiry or your CV/Resume for Career purposes. In so doing, we may ask for personal data, such as your first and last name, email address, and telephone number. Additional information might be required for Career purposes.
- Personal data we collect from other sources. We collect personal data from other sources including other websites and third-parties and where we operate ENGIE COFELY account on third-party platforms: For example, when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on social media sites such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, or Youtube . Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our marketing to measure whether our marketing is relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third-party data enrichment provider.
- For enquiries we may collect your name, telephone, and email and your preferred means of communication. We may also collect your enquiry information and responses.
- For Career Services, we may collect the following types of information about you as a potential candidate: name, address, telephone number, email address, resume information (employment history, education, professional credentials, memberships in professional organisations, skills, etc.), citizenship, information from former employers and other references, and additional information to the extent we have acquired or you have provided us with such information. As permitted by applicable laws, we obtain background verification information.
ENGIE COFELY collects data from our website about what you view and the way you interact with our content; our digital display marketing that we serve to you on social platforms; and forms you submit online about your enquiries or when submitting your CV/Resume for career purposes.
4.How we use the personal information we collect
ENGIE COFELY uses the Personal Information it collects in several ways. The summary below provides additional details about the ways we use the Personal Information we collect.
We use your Personal Information to provide our Services.
- For Career Services, we may use Personal Information that you have provided and we have collected to create a profile about you. This profile may be used to identify professional opportunities that we think may be of interest to you.
We use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries, to verify your information, or to share information with you.
- We use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests. If you contact us, we keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and we use information you provide in your message to respond to your inquiry.
5.Who has access to your personal information
- For Career Services, the information will be collected and retained by the Human Resources department at ENGIE COFELY.
- For General Enquiries, the information will be directly sent to the BD department at ENGIE COFELY.
- Information shared through Third Party websites like Social Media websites, the information will be collected and retained by ENGIE COFELY and these websites.
6.Disclosure of personal information
There may be times that we transfer and disclose your Personal Information to Third parties.
- ENGIE COFELY cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the actions or omissions of third parties, including the way they use Personal Information received either from ENGIE COFELY or from other third-party sources.
7.Protecting your personal data
ENGIE COFELY takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
9.Other information we collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect other Information in a variety of ways.
Like any other website, we use “cookies” (small text files placed on a visitor’s computer hard drive) and other similar technologies. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
You can configure your browser settings to automatically decline cookies or be given the choice of declining or accepting the transfer to your computer of a particular cookies from a particular site.
If you disable cookies and similar technologies, your experience on the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
Website Name follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
10.Location of personal information collected and maintained
Depending on the Services we are providing to you, your Personal Information may be collected, used, processed, disclosed, and transferred to and within the United Arab Emirates. For external websites Privacy Policies of these websites will apply i.e. ENGIE Group will be maintained in France, and for Social Media will be collected and maintained in the United States.
By using our website, you understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than your country.
ENGIE COFELY has reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information which is under our control. Unfortunately, however, no security system, or system of transmitting information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
ENGIE COFELY will not be responsible for any personal information submitted over the internet.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted considering the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you (e.g., for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services),
- A period beyond the time of the ongoing relationship if we have a legitimate internal operations need, such as a need to retain such information for analysis, record-keeping and compliance with data retention schedules,
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your personal information for a certain period before we can delete them), or
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
13.Links to other websites
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any other third parties.
- On ENGIE COFELY website, you may have the opportunity to follow a link from or to other websites maintained by Affiliates, or third parties. The inclusion of a link on our website does not imply our endorsement of the linked site. Because these other websites may not be hosted or controlled by ENGIE COFELY, this Policy does not address the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each of those websites.
- Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organisations, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
14.Use of online systems by children
ENGIE COFELY website and accounts on Social Media are designed and intended for use by adults.
ENGIE COFELY will not be responsible for any posted information by a child under the age of 18, we encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
15.Updates to this policy